Bruno Senna says future in Formula 1 still unclear – Formula 1 news
Brazilian driver Bruno Senna has said that his chances in the 2013 Formula 1 season are still unclear.
Senna was left without a drive for the new season of Formula 1 after Williams snapped up Valtteri Bottas. The move was quite justifiable as Senna’s performance was nowhere near the par. From the 20 races he started, he only managed to finish in the top 10
on ten occasions and could not finish the races times. He managed to gather 31 points and finished at the 16th position in the drivers’ championship.
This was Senna’s first ever full season in the sport after partial drives with HRT and Renault in the 2010 and 2011 Formula 1 seasons. Senna’s lack of performance in the 2012 season could also be attributed to the fact that his Friday running was limited.
Williams used to hand over the car to Bottas for the FP1 sessions of 15 races out of the 20. This resulted in less practice of the track for the Brazilian and he ended up without a lot of practice for the races.
However, speaking about his 2013 prospects, the nephew of the late Ayrton Senna does not sound very hopeful.
“For 2013, it is still unclear,” Senna told Totalrace having taken part in Felipe Massa's charity karting event. “We are in the game but it is not easy to know where I'll end up.”
Despite the uncertainty looming over his future, the Brazilian admitted he had been in talks with Force India and Caterham recently.
He said, “I imagine that it will not take long for the pieces to fit together. We are looking at all the options, both inside and outside of Formula One. I am talking to the teams that still have seats free ... I hope everything goes well.”
The 2013 season is just a couple of weeks away when the first pre-season test gets underway in Jerez, Spain. The teams will then have two more chances of giving their new cars a shakedown before the first race of the season begins in the end of March.