Ailing Yuvi blames himself for delayed treatment - Cricket News Update
The ailing Indian all-rounder Yuvraj Singh on Wednesday blamed himself for the delay in diagnosis and the treatment of his lung cancer insisting that he will return as stronger person and player.
The 30-year-old stylish middle order batsman was last week diagnosed with grade one lung cancer and is currently undergoing chemotherapy treatment at the Cancer Research Institute in Boston, USA.
Expressing gratitude for the love and support of the members of the Board and Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) through a micro-blogging site Twitter, the all-rounder said that nobody should be blamed for his delayed treatment.
"I see few people trying to blame my guruji for delay and BCCI! Again wrong, it was my decision!” Yuvraj wrote on his 'Twitter' page on Wednesday. “The president and the members of BCCI have been huge support in my tough times and because of them I'm getting
the best treatment! Thank you again BCCI," he added further.
About his condition, the 30-year-old stylish cricketer from Chandigarh said that he was recovering well and requested the fans and well wishers to keep praying for him.
"I'm recovering well, yes, it's tough but tough times don't last, tough men do! I will fight and come back as a stronger man because I have the prayers of my nation!," Yuvraj said.
Yuvraj Singh was the player of the tournament at last year’s world cup, was diagnosed with a tumour in his lung in October last year. The tumour was initially revealed as to be non-malignant and the left-hander, who has not played competitive cricket since
October last year, was hopeful of returning to the field soon.
But some advanced tests in the United States last month confirmed that it is a malignant tumour and that the Indian cricketer was suffering from mediastinal seminoma - a rare type of tumour with a cure rate of 95 percent.
After Yuvraj was diagnosed with grade one cancer, his father and former Test cricketer Yograj Singh had lamented that the treatment of his son was delayed. But Yuvraj brushed aside these concerns.
Yuvraj also thanked his fans and well wishers as well as the media for their wishes and respecting his privacy. He singled out sports minister Ajay Maken for his support.
"Thank you again to all my friends back home! Thank you to the media for there support and respecting my privacy," the promising all-rounder tweeted.
"Thank you to (sports minster) Ajay Maken! Mr Omar Abdullah and Mr Narendra Modi for there kind words!"