ACF Fiorentina striker Adrian Mutu in contact with AS Monaco – Ligue 1 news
According to reports in France, Romanian International Adrian Mutu’s agent has approached French Ligue 1 side AS Monaco over a possible transfer of the striker to the club in the upcoming summer transfer window. The Romanian International has seen a turbulent
time at Serie A club, ACF Fiorentina, where he has lost support of his manager, Sinisa Mihajlovic. The player had disputes running with the tactician all season long.
The 32-year-old was suspended for nine months last year after he tested positive for cocaine – not for the first time in his career. It now seems that the Florentine supporters and the club officials are getting frustrated at the Romanian’s lack of commitment
towards the team. It is expected that Mutu might be offloaded as soon as the transfer window re-opens in June.
While talking to the media, Mutu’s agent Sergio Fortunato said that there has been contact with AS Monaco over a possible transfer of Mutu, though, an official report is yet to be seen. Fortunato also said that talks are taking place with the officials at
Reports indicate that Olympique de Marseille are also interested in signing the player, but Mutu is unlikely to join Les Phoceens as he wants to play in a team where he is guaranteed first-team opportunities. The 32-year-old striker has scored just four
goals in 18 appearances for La Viola this season
Since joining Fiorentina from Juventus on July 8, 2006, Adrian-Mutu-c3742' title='Adrian Mutu'>Adrian Mutu has suffered in terms of form and has also been criticised for not giving his 100 percent. Failing a doping test ahead of a Coppa Italia game against Lazio last season was the second time
Mutu had been tested positive for drugs. It was at English Premier League giants Chelsea where Mutu first tested positive for drugs and was subsequently sacked by the club.
AS Monaco are taking a bold decision in signing a player who has proven time and time again of his inability to follow simple rules and principals set by every club he has been at. Only time will tell if Monaco will buy the player this June and moreover,
will the Romanian once again return to the scoring form that prompted Chelsea to pay Parma 22.5 million Euros for his services in 2003.